Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Arusha Again

Ombemi says: “ Mountains don’t meet, but people do.”

We find ourselves once again in Arusha, right back where we started, packed and ready for transport to the airport. And so, do we just go home?

Always, our interactions with other people, whether they be Maasai, Iraqw, or fellow travelers, leave something of themselves behind…become a part of our mix and perhaps alter who we are and what we understand.

And places too can change you. This one did.

We walk through the boarding gate with a tiny swagger…been there, lived to tell the tale. But more so, there is humility for our insignificance in the grandeur of this enchanted place.

And so it’s over.

Asante.

Kilimanjaro: The Shy Lady Comes Out To Say Goodbye

2 comments:

  1. As I read this, this quote comes to mind: "I am not the same having seen the moon shine on the other side of the world." (By Mary Anne Radmacher)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pauline, I loved reading your blog....you write beautifully and made your trip come alive. I'm considering taking this trip in 2015 with some friends and your blog has me even more convinced this is the trip I want to take!

    ReplyDelete